August 24, 2022 – Good Reason Houston exists to improve public school education and that includes supporting educators. One way the organization rallied behind teachers and staff at local campuses was through a Back-to-School campaign. The nonprofit, together with Blueprint for Change partners, made sure that teachers had a successful return to the school year.
The Back-to-School campaign included the following activities:
- Helping set up 23 teacher classrooms and administrative spaces at Blackshear Elementary School the week before school started
- Clearing items from 10 teacher Amazon lists across 8 districts in Houston
- Providing nutritious breakfast and first-day cheer to 13 teachers and staff at Elevate Collegiate Charter School
- Supplying a scrumptious taco lunch to nourish 125 teachers and staff at North Forest High School in HISD and 60 teachers and staff at Impact Leadership Academy in Aldine ISD
- Delivering crisp, cool snow cones to 160 teachers and staff at Clark Intermediate School in Spring ISD
To join us in these efforts and work with Good Reason Houston on impactful events and projects, email Jamaur Barnes, Manager of Community Outreach, at email@example.com.
To learn more about our Blueprint for Change coalition, visit https://goodreasonhouston.org/takeaction/.